2nd Gen. Colt Navy

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,
Having bought this used pistol years ago as a canvas for a future engraving project, the question of what the theme should be took some time to figure out. The Rolled Navy Battle Cylinder Scene was rusted a little so the thought of removing the scene for more area to engrave had some merit. When I studied what the Texas Republic Naval Engagement Scene of 1843 was about. I polished and re-cut the scene and used the event as the theme for the engraving. For the finish I used a fine grained slow rust blue on the steel and gold plating on the brass parts. Making new grips and engraving the map of the Republic of Texas and the Commodore's flag ship, the Austin on the grips to complete the project.
Thanks for looking. 4W_use_11.jpg 4W_Cl_right.jpg 4W-use-full-left.jpg 4W-CU--left.jpg 4W-R-recoil.jpg

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
I've " favorited" this post for future reference. Really nice, a brass frame shows engraving well. Thank you for posting. Is this a job piece or , for yourself ?

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
I've " favorited" this post for future reference. Really nice, a brass frame shows engraving well. Thank you for posting. Is this a job piece or , for yourself ?

Hello speeedy6,
Thanks, the brass is gold plated. Last year I needed something new to bring to the Engraver's show, so it is one I did for show and to sell.
Mark

santos

Elite Cafe Member
When the engraver met the historian it's even better. Really nice job and source for inspiration, thank you Mark for sharing it with the forum.

Latest posts

Sponsors