2nd try

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Good morning all,

Scruffies name tag! I tryed to post this last night but don't see on the forum. I see the image was to large last night so I think this will work.

Its on trophy brass 1 1/2 x 3, I used my machine to lay it out and cut it with a square graver except for the word SCRIPT which I used a small round graver. This is my first attempt at scroll work. I need feedback on this and also on photo techniques.

Thanks
Jim Sackett

Attachments

• boarderscruff 003.jpg
    boarderscruff 003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 182

jmcutting

Very nicely executed Jim! It is very clean and the outer scrolls compliment but do not detract from the name!

-justin

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks pretty good!

I'm really looking forward to learing how to do script next week.

On my screen I was able to get a pretty close image. Shows a few scriber lines and such (just like my stuff ;)).

About the only things I can see to critique at my current level of ignorance is the slight difference in the scroll ends top center and right center. I think I like the one on the left at the top best.

Photography: pretty good job here too! :) You might try playing with the angle of the light a bit to see if you can get it well lit without the overbright highlihts. Since there are very few of those and they're all from lines at the same angle I suspect you already did this. Might help to use diffused light rather than direct but I'd have to play around to see.

Keep up the good work!

Sponsors