.500 Jeffery...what the client sees

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi guys

I was browsing through pictures on my computer the other day and I came across these. As a gun engraver I rarely see my work actually in the finished state as the customer would receive it. The gunmaker took these photos and kindly forwarded them to me.

The majority of the picture gun engravers post are in taken as they finish the job. As you can see, the case hardening process and subsequent lacquering give the engraving a mellower look. I hope you enjoy looking at them.

.500 Jeffery box-lock double rifle

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Marcus,

Absolutely beautiful! Love to have that double rifle in my collection. Keep up the good work.

JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Marcus,
Besides being a gun nut, I love doubles. The 500 Jeffery is a great big game rifle and the art you have added to this beautiful double is such a marvelous touch. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Otto Carter

Elite Cafe Member
20 miles Southeast of Abilene, Texas on 22 acres.
Beautiful work as usual, Marcus. I hope he sent you a box of shells so you could walk out in your backyard and squeeze off a few rounds from that monster! I recently had a client include a box of heavy loads for his .454 Casull for me to try out. After that experience I think I will require all clients to include cartridiges with their guns. But I'm fortunate to have my shooting range on my property.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Absolutely beautiful Marcus. Your work always is.

Otto: I like your idea regarding shooting. Unfortunately, up here in CT shooting other than at private ranges is rare these days! Sad but true.

Peter

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Marcus!
I hear you on the completed firearm thing. I rarely ever see the completed project. It's nice to see one all together from time to time.

guzzi

I think after what happened to poor Ray and his lost knife, you
should all take the time to get a picture of your work before sending
it back to the customer. It would be very hard for us to watch for
this knife if we did not have such a good visual representation like
what Ray supplied!

G

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i love that solid, very bold look. quite a departure from a lot of the micro fine line work lots of folks are doing. i think that's a very fine looker, hell it's a keeper !

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone for your kind remarks. Monk, I don't know about a 'keeper' but it was definitely designed as a 'user'. Really fine bulino work is beautiful but it does have it's limitations. Imagine having to track a buffalo through acacia scrub and what one misplaced scratch could do to a bulino scene! These Jeffery rifles are designed to be a) affordable and b) look great, but not at the expense of not wanting to use it because the engraving's to delicate.

Latest posts

Sponsors