901 or magnum handle with a flat side?

AllanFink1960

Hi
I am just curious. Have many of you ground a flat side on your handpiece handles? Or do you just change your heel angle so you dont have to? The instructions talk about grinding a flat side on the handle if you want to, and I just wondered if anyone actually did.

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
I'm new to the GRS stuff, I've had the equipment a couple of months, so for what it's worth, I've never ground a flat on the hand piece. I'm using a heel of 15 degrees, sometimes 12.5, never had any problems.

Degs

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have put flats on some of my GRS handpieces, and was using a 7 degree heel for shading. a lot depends on how you curl your fingers around the handpiece. If you like the flat feelwith the fingers aligned along the body of the handpiece, then you can get by with lower heels and need the flat. If you cup your fingers underneath the body as is more natural for most people, since it is a basically a "fist" shape, then you have plenty of room for the handle to roll as much as you want, because it is still lower than your fingers, but you will need a 12-15 degree heel in that case.