A book by Marty Rabeno?

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Sam

In a recent post you mentioned ( Marty Rabeno has a super nice book on his work that he publishes himself).

How do you get any info on this Book (Purchasing Etc.).

He must have or Should have a web page.

I would be very interested in purchasing.

Ken Crutcher

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ken
Here's what I have and how it happened.
My photo album was starting to look real ratty and the plastic sleeves were falling apart. Now I just came back from a trip to Italy and one of my wife's friends suggested a web site that would make an album of the trip. The web site is called PICABOO.COM. While doing this vacation album it dawned on me to upgrade my age old photo album.
They have many different page formats available for you to use but none of them seemed to fit what I wanted to redo. So I made up my own pages in Photoshop and imported them into their program as a full page graphic. Now this took some time to rearrange everything and scan pictures. But frankly it was fun. When you are all finished you upload the graphics to them and in about 2 weeks you have the printed copy.
I had this book on my table in Reno just to show my stuff and surprisingly got a lot of requests to print some up to sell to people. This I did as I needed to. The price is the same from Picaboo no matter how many books you purchase plus shipping.
I do have four copies that I will bring to Reno with me just because I happen to have them.
This is something that anyone can do and it does have a very professional look to it.

Attachments

• front-cover.jpg
    front-cover.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 234
  • album-2.jpg
    album-2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 245
  • engraved-spurs.jpg
    engraved-spurs.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 1873-Dash-for-timber.jpg
    1873-Dash-for-timber.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 239

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
I have one of Mr. Rabeno's Books and it is pretty good.:tiphat:

Sandy

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Marty

I am disappointed, I was hoping for a how to on your style of engraving.

That is something you might think about.

Have you seen the Paid, On-Demand Engraving Tutorials, by Roland Baptiste, Ray Cover and Tom Sterling on the Lindsay Forum.

http://www.engravinglessons.com/On-Demand Engraving Tutorials.htm

I am trying to work up a design now, using your style of Engraving, so I definitely would pay for a short Tutorial (I hope you don't mind).

Thank you for the fast responce.

Kenneth Crutcher

BTW that is a Beautiful, Professional looking brochure.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ken

I do thank you whole heartidly for your kind words.

Being an instructor at GRS. I am not allowed to access the Lindsey Forum as per a policy set down by Steve towards the GRS instructors.

Let me see what kind of a design you come up with for your project.

Marty

AO84

I realize this is an old thread, but wondering if anyone knows how to get a copy of Mr. Rabeno's book?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Believe it or not, i am finally getting off my butt and trying to put some photos together for a new updated one its really my portfolio of work that i have on my table when I do a show it will be a while until i am done but its a start

AO84

I would love to purchase whenever it is available. I really admire your work. I suspect you no longer have the prior one available? Thanks!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It will be a while till i get everything sorted out. Will need to configure new and old photos. Not to mention reminding myself how to do it. It is a long overdue portfolio update. I will keep you updated when i am finished