a little help would be appreciated...

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
The wife and I are in a bit of a financial mess ATM that is thanks to a combination of having 4 pets has going through the roof and her commuting for 4-5 hrs a day for work. So I'm trying to rack my brain on projects that don't cost to much to do but are easy to flip so if anyone has any ideas for cheap guns that they have had good luck with flipping with a little work or types of work that they have had good luck moving quickly it would be greatly appreciated.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
What about talking to a jewelry-store in a mall. And sitting there for a day and engraving pendants and other items for the customers as a special promotion. You happy, jeweler happy and customers happy. And no investment.

If you find a buyer before you make something. Then you dont have to invest in products and end up not selling.
Maybe you can post on a local facebook and offer your services as an engraver. Or a small advertisement in a local newspaper.

Just some ideas.

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
What about talking to a jewelry-store in a mall. And sitting there for a day and engraving pendants and other items for the customers as a special promotion. You happy, jeweler happy and customers happy. And no investment.

If you find a buyer before you make something. Then you dont have to invest in products and end up not selling.
Maybe you can post on a local facebook and offer your services as an engraver. Or a small advertisement in a local newspaper.

Just some ideas.
I would totally go to local places but I have to be careful because the company I work for has a not competing policy so I have to be careful not to do anything that the company can or would do. It also means I have to be careful with what I post on my social media bucause I can share my work but if I try to sell anything they could consider it as competing it's just kind of a mess tbh because I have a little stock of projects that I've done already that just kind of sit there that I can't do anything with

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when i began to "need money", i began doing custom belt buckles, key fobs, pendants, bracelets. all of my own creation. belt buckles alone paid for my laser and a few other toys. fire fighters, police organizations, emt people are all ( at least in my area) somewhat interested in logo work because of pride in what they do. nothin against gun work, but diversity can drag in some quick cash. good luck.

BCan

Monk is right about diversity in projects. I've also found that you can acquire relatively inexpensive 'black powder' accessories from various suppliers like Dixie Gun Works and Track of the Wolf, (such as patchboxes, brass and German silver tobacco tins, percussion cap boxes, etc.). These require that you only do some simple layout and engraving, and they're ready to sell. The buckskinners love these because they are then unique and personalized.

There are also some banjo makers who will seek out engravers to to 'rocker' or other basic engraving on the instruments armrest, tailpiece, and hardware. And finally, there's the good old Zippo lighter, which can be engraved with a few scrolls or flourishes, with room left for someones initials. Hope this helps.

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
Monk is right about diversity in projects. I've also found that you can acquire relatively inexpensive 'black powder' accessories from various suppliers like Dixie Gun Works and Track of the Wolf, (such as patchboxes, brass and German silver tobacco tins, percussion cap boxes, etc.). These require that you only do some simple layout and engraving, and they're ready to sell. The buckskinners love these because they are then unique and personalized.

There are also some banjo makers who will seek out engravers to to 'rocker' or other basic engraving on the instruments armrest, tailpiece, and hardware. And finally, there's the good old Zippo lighter, which can be engraved with a few scrolls or flourishes, with room left for someones initials. Hope this helps.
Zippos are some of my favorite because they are nice and flat but I had not even thought about instrument pieces.and while I personally love black powder stuff there's not really a market where I'm at but I will definitely check around online. I also will look into blank buckles I have a couple but they aren't exactly cheap and can't be readily replaced because the company that made them said they have never sold nor should they have ever have sold blanks and yet I have 3...