Adjustable height chair

Ronald Scott

I am desiring to choose a chair to use at my engraving bench. Do any of you use saddle chairs and if so what are your observations.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had one, gave it away to a young fellow for mechanical work. It made my crotch go numb!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i tried one. did not like it at all for engraving or most anything else

Ronald Scott

Gentlemen, thank you for sharing your experiences. Those will help me avoid purchasing a chair that won't serve my purpose.

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
I use one with a large flat seat slightly inclined towards the front. Actually, it was my office chair until the armrests broke. They held the back part as well, so just the seating pad was left, and I use it now turned back to front. This promotes also an upright posture. I replaced the gas spring with a longer one. I need a seat height of 60-65cm due to long lower legs and worn knees. Such a seat is hard to come by. I encountered the “numb crotch” problem with severeal mushroom shapeds seats, if the need for replacement arrives one day, I’ll ask a professional to fabricate an upholstery to my measure.

Cheers

Ralf

BCan

Hi Ronald,
Years ago I followed the advice that Scott Pilkington gave in one of his instructional videos. That is; make sure that your feet are flat on the ground, your knees are more-or-less parallel to the floor, and your back is straight.
A Chiropractor friend of mine says that it's good advice for engravers.

Here is a photo of an old office chair that was surplus from a U.S. Govt. installation. It sold at auction for $40.00. It's my favorite and very comfortable. Hope this helps.
B

Attachments

• Old Office Chair for engraving.jpg
    Old Office Chair for engraving.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Sponsors