Air Compressors for Old Gravermax

Jackie Botten

Hi
I have just purchased an old gravermax and a 901 handpiece and can't wait to try it out. Is it possible, please, that you lovely people could give me some tips on which compressor to buy. I would preferably like one which isn't too noisy hopefully and not too pricey if that possible. All suggestions will be gratefully received
Thanks
Jackie

pkroyer

I used California Air 4610, when I had a gravermax and continue to use it with a gravermach. It is oil-less so it provided oil free air. GRS has them but you can find them locally at Lowes and Home Depot, probably cheaper and no shipping.

Last edited:

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
I have a silent compressor which uses oil. But they are less noisy compared to oil-free compressors. You how ever want either a long hose from compressor to Gravermax. Or an oilfilter so you wont get oil in the gravermax.

sil-air or some brand like that is what I have. There are multiple brandnames which offer what looks like to me the same compressor. Just different name and colorscheme.

mcondos

I just got a Fortress Ultra-Quiet 2 gallon oil-less from Harbor Freight for $159. Super quiet (60 dbA), very nice machine. IMO nicer than the California Air 2010 for less money. Would buy another.

cropduster

Elite Cafe Member
I just got a Fortress Ultra-Quiet 2 gallon oil-less from Harbor Freight for $159. Super quiet (60 dbA), very nice machine. IMO nicer than the California Air 2010 for less money. Would buy another.
Thank you for the info - I was hoping to get my local store to let me listen to one running but you post literally closed the deal for me.

Hopeanchoreddesigns

Hi! I just bought this to hook up to my GraverMax G8. What hook up kit did you buy to connect the gravermax 1/4" tube to the compressor? Any help you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Sponsors