airtact

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
am about to puchase an airtact unit for my gravermax.. just wondered how it works doing jobs like stippling and punching, when traditionally I hold the handpiece like a pen.. is anextra foot pod required for that kind of job??
Are those GRS guys in holidays for I got no reply the last 3 days..:(

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Frank,
You can use the handpiece like a pen and push the little nib or you can set the selector switch to run constantly. I would suggest the foot pod however. It isn't that expensive.
I assume you are trying to e-mail? Make sure you include a "subject line" in the e-mail. They have a pretty strong spam filter. They are very good about returning e-mails but once in a while mine even get filtered. Of course now it is the weekend here in the US.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
ok guys, thanks a lot, will order one as well..
hope to see you again Rex at IWA
ps, if you have time I can strongly recommend a visit to Albrecht Durer House in Nurnberg, if you weren t there already
Have a nice day Frank

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Frank, Sam did a demo in reno showing that you can also just pinch the hose closed against the vise or between your fingers with your other hand and it will do the same thing as pushing down on the back. hope this helps

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Frank
I,ve used the airtact to stipple [ texture] a couple of my coin carvings this week and tried it with the foot pod and with the unit set on constant run, I perfer the constant running.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Frank,
I am supposed to be at the IWA show again this year. Hope to see you. I did do the Durer tour last year and it was well worth it! I hope to visit a few new places this year.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I prefer to use the FootPod when stippling, Frank. I feel like I have more control that way. I think you'll enjoy your Airtact. I sure love mine. I'll be in Munich and in Basel this year. Hope to see you again. / Sam

Latest posts

Sponsors