Almost done

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Almost done with this one. Cut for a local chapter auction of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
It's a Thompson/Center Encore in 12 Ga.
(the dime is for perspective purposes)

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
hey Brian, nice bird, I like the scroll style. Will the gun be blued or left "in the white"?
Here in Ohio I'll be sittin' in the woods come the end of April tryin' to fool a gobbler.
Let's see the finished product as well if you're able.
Kent

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Brian ,it looks very nice.I was going to do a project for a pheasants forever fundraiser last year but was unshure about any copyright problems. Did you have to obtain permission for this project? Cant wait to see it all finished. D.Douglas

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all.
The gun will be blued w/done and I'll try to exercise some real photographic skills. (The only problem is that I don't have very many of them.)
This is a typical "quickie" project......the locals are trying to raise money for their cause, you reduce your price without gouging yourself and try to give the best possible amount of coverage in a limited time frame.
Sound familiar to anyone?

AllanFink1960

yeah the gold light is kind of interesting...is it incandescent light? I did notice the orange glow on the left side matched the "gold" in the carving. I really like the portrait in the lower left. It looks just like a dime. :)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Well, ya fooled me! I really thought you inlaid a gold background in the scrollwork. Nice job, Brian.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've moved so many things around since that picture was taken, I have no idea what caused the orange glow.
The shop lighting is flourescent and I was using the built in flash unit.....no diffusers-no light box.
I just set the frame down, and snapped the picture.
I guess it was just my Scottish luck.

Latest posts

Sponsors