Critique Request Am I jumping the gun here ?

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
So; am I putting the cart before the horse ? Gun season doesnt open for two more weeks !!

Attachments

• deer 1.jpg
    deer 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 181
  • deer 2.jpg
    deer 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 184
  • deer 3.jpg
    deer 3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 180
  • venison cookbook.jpg
    venison cookbook.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
All I know; the steaks were high !!!!! They know its safe here from predators to poachers. Ive gotten alot of doe pics but I never have a camera at hand it seems when the bucks are moving about...Or; its too dark and it doesnt come out good.. Luckly, I was going to take some pictures 11/10/09 when a doe walked out of the brush acting strange, a couple minutes later I found out why.....

Last edited:

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ate venison for thirty years when times were tough. Never bought any beef.
Turkeys, deer, antelope, elk, quail, dove, ducks, squirrels, coons, snakes, frogs, and whatver I could grow.

Never knew what you were going to get to eat over at my house.

Didn't have a lot of visitors. Heeheehee

Go get him Richard!!

yum yum. People don't know what they are missin'.

Ron S

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys !! Ron, know what you mean. My brothers freind use to show up everyday at supper, I made the mistake of feeding him once so he was always around after that. I changed my tactics as I was raising 3 children by myself. One night he showed up for supper, as soon as we were all finished ; i CALLED THE DOG; when the dog was finished licking the plates; this time I didnt bother to wash them and put them away, I just picked them up off the floor, while he was watching, and placed them back up in the cupboard !! He never stopped again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Richard, now that is funny!!
Good thinking!..........hahaHa

I'll have to remember that one.

That is kinda like Fred's song, "everyone is welcome at my house, my house". HeeHee.....Are you listening Fred?............ New verse...............

Richard, you're a stinker. :thumbs up:

Ron S

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Ron, means alot to me coming from you. Guess theres a ornery streak in all of us.. I did get the dishes out of the cupboard after he left and washed them, my kids laughed for days about that.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That IS funny Richard.

I've been seeing quite a few deer lately also. A couple healthy looking does graze through regularly. Don't see any bucks though?

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Wife went to a scrapbooking thing and took camera Sunday, guess what? Saw the same buck again, then after about 15 minutes, he jumped into a thicker thicket and stood there, could barly make him out. Then, a different buck came into view, his beams were closer together but rose much higher than the first, plus, he diffenetly weighed more !!!! It was good to see, but, NO CAMERA...

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
around here you can git these critters early with a bow and arrow. my son in law got one about like that 2 evenings ago. ummm sausage anyone ?