American Handgunner Magazine

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One of our cafe members, Brian Powley, has had and article published in the 2008 Special Edition of American Handgunner Magazine. The title of the article is "Gun Engraving 101." It's great to see our members working to promote the art of engraving in all types of media. Congratulations Brian!

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Tira!
Thanks Amy!
The article brings to light the modern renaissance of hand engraving, and the fact that there are many talented engravers in our country that are doing "World Class" work.
I've tried to encourage those interested to "invest" in the talents of these true artists and also mentioned that there are many schools of engraving for those who might be intrigued with the art form.
I hope it is well received. And in my opinion,it certainly was needed and well intended.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Brian!! It is good to get some attention every once in a while isn't it?
Good for you.......................forward!!!
Ron S

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike C.,John B.,MichaelP.Weldon, Ron Smith
Thanks for the Kudos.
I hope you all get a chance to read it.
Weldon, I have yet to get a copy of the mag you're in. Congratulations to you also.

( Hey Ron/dad---I've been real busy on my secret Colt project---it's gonna have some of that multi-color inlay stuff you taught me a while ago.....should have it done for Reno '09)

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, now you give me something to look forward to. I can't wait to see it, but do I have to wait 'till Reno? You really know how to punish a guy!!!!...........I was wondering when I was going to get to see someone put those technques to use. Barry Lee Hands did a magnificent job on a piece I saw at Reno, but that has been the only one that has used those techniques from my class to my knowledge. It is an exciting phase of engraving and I will be excited to see it.

Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors