An Excellent Air compressor.

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a Link to a superb quiet Air compressor. I would say it is about 20 % louder than the Silentaire But the major advantage over silentaire is in being oilless so no hazardous silent fume , It is unnoticeable but there for someone who works for long hours. well. the silentaire is recommend for indoor use ., it is good the ears but bad when it comes to headaches and allergies.

babyfood1217

I actually just picked up the Makita MAC210Q, which is the next size up from the 100Q you listed. Finally had a chance to try it out last night. Enclosed garage, with the compressor parked about 15 feet away. Registered 64dB. Decent dB to have running, especially if I'll have my noise cancelling headphones on while I work. We use a SilentAire compressor in the shop I work at during my day job, I wanted something robust enough to handle some other tools.

With only a couple of hours of use on it so far, I would recommend the Makita MACxxxQ line.

edit: I've got it hooked up to a GRS Gravermach

Chris

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Makita is 58dB which is honestly very loud! You wouldn't want to sit next to it I think.

Silentaire oilless are 62dB and above. Painfully loud.

The most silent compressors are oiled and are between 30db and 42dB depending on the model, much quieter.
I would recommend these if you cant hide your compressor away. I have one right next to my bench in a very tiny room. And I can still keep a conversation.

Davesobel

I’ve been using this exact compressor for my setup, and it works well. It runs for about 30 seconds every few minutes, and is about as loud as somebody talking at a normal speaking level.

Davesobel

Actually, mine is the 2 gallon version. So it goes longer between running to fill the tank.

BCan

Hello Friends, I'm semi-retired, so I may be out of the 'loop' on Air compressors, however, I use a California Air 4610AC Ultra Quiet Air, which I purchased through GRS. It is oil-free, and seems quiet enough in my small shop. I have it connected to a GraverMax G8, and it has been very good for me. Just my two-cents. Thanks.

Latest posts

Sponsors