Another brass zippo

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
So, I've working on my wife's zippo the past days and this is how it ended up looking. This is the first side, but I will be engraving all sides.
There are some parts I am really happy with, some parts that could have used a bit more thought. I never felt rushed, but still ended up getting all excited and cut before thinking some things through. Some of the shading could be alot better and in the end I think I would have done the design slightly different...mainly so it would have been easier to shade(hahaha).
The whole design was cut with my new Lindsay classic, which takes some getting used to.

Anyways, have at it...

Marc

20211228_211735.jpg

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the nice comments.
I've been working hard on my shading and it does pay off. Like I said, some spots could be alot better, but I don't think that anyone that doesn't engrave would ever really notice. I can still easily ruin some of the other sides, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, hahaha.

@SamW I absolutely love the classic. Lots of control and smooth as butter. The footpedal takes some getting used to though, since it pivots instead of being pressed in. Still feels a bit weird to my foot.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the nice comments.
I've been working hard on my shading and it does pay off. Like I said, some spots could be alot better, but I don't think that anyone that doesn't engrave would ever really notice. I can still easily ruin some of the other sides, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, hahaha.

@SamW I absolutely love the classic. Lots of control and smooth as butter. The footpedal takes some getting used to though, since it pivots instead of being pressed in. Still feels a bit weird to my foot.
When using a pivoting foot pedal, try moving your foot further forward on the pedal and see if you can't find the right balance. Once you do, it is very comfortable.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
When using a pivoting foot pedal, try moving your foot further forward on the pedal and see if you can't find the right balance. Once you do, it is very comfortable.
When first trying it out I kept trying to "push" the pedal...does NOT work...hahaha. As soon as I somewhat found my comfortable spot on the pedal I got way more control than a regular pedal. The balance is there now, but it still feels somewhat strange because you basically have to dip your toes and lift your heel. It allows for more control than simply pushing as there is no resistance. But it is not a footmovement I am used to. Give it a week or two and my foot will not be able to drive a car anymore...hahaha

Latest posts

Sponsors