another layout option

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mention was made about dychem white. i bought a bottle. works great with pencil and does not flake when cutting. takes inkjet very nicely. in use, rid the brush of the excess liquid and apply.. a thin coat dries in a few minutes. i got the stuff from mcmaster carr. try it, you'll like it.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I wonder if it is the stuff that is in Tom Whites transfer magic. Looks the same only diluted. Try a small sample and dilute it with acetone so you don't need rid the brush with the excess. Let us know how a diluted sample works.

monk

Staff member
i simply wipe the brush 1 or 2 times in the bottle mouth. that gives me a good result. i see no reason ( at least for me ) to thin with any solvent.

KGDiebold

Monk,
Can you explain "takes inkjet very nicely" ? Are you burnishing an inkjet transfer? After the Dykem has dried? I would like to know more if you would explain further.

Thanks,
Keith

monk

Staff member
Monk,
Can you explain "takes inkjet very nicely" ? Are you burnishing an inkjet transfer? After the Dykem has dried? I would like to know more if you would explain further.

Thanks,
Keith
sure. the inkjet i use is an ancient hp deskjet 5444 i think the model # . is. i use a # 92 cartridge which is black only. i print a dummy image on paper then tape a suitably sized chunk of clear acetate over the dummy image. i use clear magic tape to affix the acetate and then reprint.
i usually wait10 to 15 minutes then burnish onto the dry dykem. if you transfer too quickly the image will smear. actually the image can be a day or two old and will still transfer. i like the printer so well for transfers, i'll continue with it till it finally quits working. it is perhaps 15 or so years old.

KGDiebold

sure. the inkjet i use is an ancient hp deskjet 5444 i think the model # . is. i use a # 92 cartridge which is black only. i print a dummy image on paper then tape a suitably sized chunk of clear acetate over the dummy image. i use clear magic tape to affix the acetate and then reprint.
i usually wait10 to 15 minutes then burnish onto the dry dykem. if you transfer too quickly the image will smear. actually the image can be a day or two old and will still transfer. i like the printer so well for transfers, i'll continue with it till it finally quits working. it is perhaps 15 or so years old.
Thanks! I'm going to try that

Keith

Latest posts

Sponsors