Another Newbe here

JTR

Hello All! My name is John Robbins, and I found this site a few days ago after watching the graver sharpening DVD by Sam Alfano.
So far I’ve read most of ten pages of posts, and have already picked up some good tips, as unfortunately I’m still a beginner, after nearly 25 years of fiddling with engraving off and on. Hopefully more reading and Practice, and a little insight from you guys will help to improve my meager status!
For hobbies, I’ve had a near lifelong addiction for Kentucky rifles, and have accumulated a small collection. And for the past 10 years or so have been doing restoration work on Kentucky’s, my own, as well as for other collectors. The patchbox, buttplate and lock by Bama, LRB and Ksnyder are all really nice!
So I’m thrilled I’ve found this place, and hope to get to know all you guys better in the future.
JTR

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi JTR. There are more than a few VERY talented engravers here who are happy to share information and help you along. We're glad you found us, and we hope you join in on the wide variety of discussions.

Welcome aboard!

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome. Ask lots of questions. You'll get lots of great answers. These guys will not only tell you what time it is, but they will tell you how the clock is made.

Abigail

Administrator
Hi JTR,
Welcome! If you would like to be added to the member location list, please send me a private message and I will put you on there. Also, you can add your location by clicking on Gogglemap ME. It's in the blue bar at the top of this page.
Cheers!
Abigail

JTR

Thanks for the nice welcome!
I’ve been reading most everything here including the how-to tips, and tutorials on Sam’s web-site, but haven’t made it through all the archives yet. Lots and lots of great information here, and more than I can hope to remember, but at least I know where to find it now.
I’ll also add that I work aboard a ship, but will be back home next week, and the first order of business will be to dust off the Gravermeister, and start practicing!
John

Latest posts

Sponsors