Another Newby From Africa!

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All,
I'm Chris Booysen a knifemaker (Part time) and I live in Southern Africa.
Voting Member of the "Knifemakers Guild of Southern Africa"
I do My Own Scrimshaw in B/W as well as Color. Also Do "Pyrography" on Leather.
I started doing "SORRY" Learning to do Engraving a few months ago, Just To work
on my own knives, as we have very few Engravers out here, I can Count them on my two hands. Maybe ?
Also Having NO training Studios out here, I found The Forum's Very Helpfull !! as well as the Kind People
Visiting these Forums. !!

Hi Jacques and Van. My Fellow South Africans.

ChrisB. :rolleyes:

Email: chris@cbknives.com
Web: www.cbknives.com

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Chris, and welcome to the Cafe. We're here to help, so when you need it, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you see Des Horn and his friend Andre, please invite them to join.
Cheers / ~Sam

smays

Hey Chris, I am a newbe newbe as of about two weeks ago, but have been lurking everywhere for months trying to soak in as much info as possible.... so I have seen your posts on other forums. For some reason our network would not let me login elswhere, so I have not participated in any other forums. It's great to see that you have joined us and hope to see your work and input like I have elsewhere. BTW, did you ever finish your practice plate/tutorial? It was looking good the last time I checked. I cut it and was going to post, but like I said, I was unable to join. I have a post called "rough drawing attempt" or something like that.. that has a sketch I did. I'm working on it now so I can post it and get some professional advice. Anyone is welcome to engrave it and see what comes of their different techniques. Anyway... welcome aboard and hope to hear some of your input!

Shawn

vanknife

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome

Chris welcome boet it is good to see you here I enjoy this forum and is learning a lot from these generous people they are all tallented and willing to share and hopefully i will be in the position to do the same one day. Enjoy a Castle on me man i am stuck in dry country.

Cheers

"VAN"

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Guys !!
You Sure Make me feel Welcome, VAN, Boet I'll have 2 for You.;)
Sam, Andre is actually a very good friend of mine, Des I only meet at the annual guild show, he lives in Capetown. But I'll work on them to Join,:D

Andrew, with the new rule only one Pic!!, I must Decide Which One,:eek:

See Ya All.:cool: