Question: Any news on HEGI?

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just wondering if anybody's heard any more on the progress of the Hand Engravers Guild International? The website still looks the same way it did months and months ago. Has the idea ground to a halt or are things still happening in the background? It would be sad to think it's run out of steam.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I was wondering the same thing, Marcus. Have heard anything in many months.

Jason? Any updates?

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Lorem ipsum

Being that the About Us page is filled with standard filler words: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit..."

and, if it's been like that for months... I'd say nothing is being done with it.

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
ATTN: Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily turned off!! just kidding I dont know anything either, except i hope its still in progress.

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
If Jason' ship has hit a reef,I think IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO INFORM THOSE WHO BOARDED in good faith.
There is nothing wrong with trying and failing, that is how we grow.There is a lot of talent in his hands it would be a shame if it were out of pride we were to sink with out knowing what happened.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are right Joseph, I donated to the fund too so it would be nice to know what the status is to date. If it has flopped fine, c'est la vie, but it would be nice to be kept in the picture especially after all the assurances we were given. I'm not having a pop at Jason either, I would just like to know what's happening, that's all.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Instead of convicting and hanging him with idle speculation, why the hell doesn't someone just call or email him directly and find out?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I tried to email Jason at his contact info and got a bounce. I sure hope he is okay. Maybe if someone has phone number they could give him a call.. Sure don't want problems with the huge tree he is trying to cut has caused him harm. It is just not worth it. Fred

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This thread made me realize that Jason hasn't been on the forums in quite a while! Hopefully he is just busy.

jfava

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry for the delay... I have not been on the forums for some time.

As far as HEGI:

YES, We are still going to progress... Unforunately, due to recent economic issues I have not been in the position to continue investing at this time.

That being said, I am in a transitional point in my life at the moment and in a few months I will be able to again. Currently, HEGI has around $5000.00 worth of debt to finish paying off before it can move forward. Those of you that have donated have helped off set some of the expense, but it is really just the tip of the iceberg.

Everything is cool. It is just going to take some time that's all.

If anyone that has donated and is upset or unhappy please email me directly at jfava@live.com and I will be happy to refund your donation...

Also if anyone out there thinks they are in a standpoint that they can back this project financially and physically... I'm not too proud to pass the reigns on to someone else...

Best Regards