Any thoughts on instructional DVDs

David Glasser

I'm interested to know if anyone has any thoughts on, or experience with Heinar Tamme's DVDs.
Or the set by Lynton Mckenzie. I'm doing jewelry and handguns
Thanks

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Hi David,
I have Lyntons vid's. For a beginner as well as a advanced engraver the basics are covered quite well. The tools are chase hammer and chisel but but the techniques apply to pneumatic tools. Lynton did not use a computor for tranfers and traditional means of transfer are discussed. For me the vids a resource library for a technical question. If you rent them or by them I don,t think you'll be dissapointed.

Roger Henrichs

Andrew Biggs

Hi David

I have all 3 of Lyntons videos. They're worth their weight in gold. He uses hammer and chisel as Roger says, but the principles can be applied to whatever you use.

FEGA www.fega.com also have excellent DVD/videos for gun engraving (that can also be applied to any type of engraving). Sam's graver sharpening DVD is excellent as well.

You won't regret buying any of them.

Cheers
Andrew

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The McKenzie tapes where inspirational to me. The only thing is that there are some new techniques available now with modern tools. Some of the Tammes videos are cool but of poor quality. If you want some good video Sam Alfano's are great and I guarantee you'll learn something. Fegas videos are good but not much demonstrations. If you're doing jewelry Jeremiah Watts has a video on western style it will help if you want to learn that style and teach you some cuts that can be utilized in jewelry engraving. I'm a book and video nut though. Lindsay has some video on my space also.
Good luck
Mike

Latest posts

Sponsors