Anyone else adapting to tremors, or have tips for doing so?

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I suffered a broken neck several/years ago which pretty much ended my ability to look in the scoop. Over the past couple of years the crushed spinal cord has caused problems with my hand functions which in increasing my motor control in both hands. I thought I would be able to manufacture engraveables with with my welders, machine tools and grinders. Stay involved if you know what I mean. Pain is a problem I am working through. I know how frustrating this solo world can be. Wish you the best at working out your very difficult time. Fred

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
The one I like best is from Steve Lindsay. Very smooth and easy to move a vise on. I have an old GRS it works but not as smooth .
Others have used a Potters turntable and say they are good which makes sense, as it it built to hold wet clay.

Eric

RyanColyar

I suffered a broken neck several/years ago which pretty much ended my ability to look in the scoop. Over the past couple of years the crushed spinal cord has caused problems with my hand functions which in increasing my motor control in both hands. I thought I would be able to manufacture engraveables with with my welders, machine tools and grinders. Stay involved if you know what I mean. Pain is a problem I am working through. I know how frustrating this solo world can be. Wish you the best at working out your very difficult time. Fred
Thank you Fred. All the best to you as well.

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
I saw this when I studied with Brian Marshall. He had a sling rigged that hung from the ceiling over his ball. The sling supported his engraving hand/arm as he worked.
Thats very close to what my late Mother in law used to do, she also had MS which effected her real bad towards the end of her life ,she was wheelchair bound, She had creating beautiful Ceramics most all of her life and she continued carving into the the ceramics all the way to the end by using two old neckties she took from her husband and looped them over her neck and putting an ATM thru each one ,she said she only needed to concentrate on wrist movements and it appeared to work great. I use one of those arm rest from azon that looks like a stirrup. I love it.Good luck Ryan.

Latest posts

Sponsors