Help, please: are there any ..UK High speed engravers here? Help Please

Scot

Thread starter #1
Hi. are there any people using high speed engravers here in the UK.. I do struggle to find any one or sites over here.. I amin need of some Burs and some carbide/ steel bits for wood carving and steel engraving. Can somone PLEASE point me in the right direction, to seb sited or forums in the UK Please.. I know B&H Burs I have used them for a long time however they do not supply carbide or steel cutters for wood.. I thank you and a prompt response would be appreciated as I have a commission to complete. (or is there a thread on here ?) started Life with a powercrafter for many long good years with no complaints at all, unfortunately the Fg went toes up. I purchased a Vortex but no good, now running a rolls Royce NSK LOL.. Well I like it any way

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
::::Pledge Member::::
Scot, I use a micromotor for background removal. Betts Metal Sales (previously Sutton Tools) in Brum are who I use. https://www.bettsmetalsales.com/p-B...rill?SelectMaterial=TOO&selectCode=TOOLSTCR03. They aren't cheap but I use them and they seem to hold up quite well.

I don't know if the burs are suitable for high speed though, only you can make that call. I gave up on using a high speed rotary in favour of an NSK unit because it burnt burs out in minutes on steel. Good luck

JJ Roberts

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm old school when it comes to back ground removable,one slip with these's high speed rotary tools and you'll spend hours trying to fix the problem that's if there is a fix,I use a single point graver and cross hatch the background out,what the rush? J.J.

Scot

Thread starter #5
. Thanks.. There does not seem to be a lot of forums / sites based in the UK for some reason ??? thank you for your comments and I will certainly take a look.

Scot

Thread starter #6
I have an NSK TOO.. Old unit that I have never used to be honest. It came with a job lot that I purchased. It uses different size burs to the air tools I use. So the lower speed is better for metal is it ??

Latest posts

Sponsors