Beginner questions

CMaddox

I am trying to still research options for a starter set up and had a few quick questions. Does anyone have experience with Lindsays turntabl/vise set up vs the grs satellite? Also, when using the Lindsay classic what gets used for stippling? The amount of choices and info is a bit overwhelming for someone new on a bit of a budget for initial set up. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck out the gate and for longevity. Thanks in advance?

707chrisa

Lindsays turntabl/vise I would like to get one of these but there out of stock so is the GRS satellite. Both Limdsay and GRS make good stuff. GRS is tacking back orders on the satellite do not Know about Lindsay right now. Both would be good I would go with the one I could get first. I built my vice stand and turntable out of stuff I had but I would buy one in a hart beat. You do not want to fight your vice in any way no wabble no vibration ect. There was a post on how to stipple with a Lindsay just last week. If you can get to a class and use some of this stuff it will save you time and money and you may find some used stuff to help with the coast. Good Luck you are off to a good start .

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Not sure about the turntables as I went with the cam-loc system, as far as the classic is concerned if it operates with a foot peddle then it will work same as GRS hand pieces for stippling with the same basic hold on the tooling. I use GRS hand pieces.

CMaddox

Not sure about the turntables as I went with the cam-loc system, as far as the classic is concerned if it operates with a foot peddle then it will work same as GRS hand pieces for stippling with the same basic hold on the tooling. I use GRS hand pieces.
What hand piece do you use for stippling if you don’t mind me asking?

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I use the magnum for the added weight, being a tool junkie I purchased all three of the GRS hand pieces for the Gravermach and delegate accordingly, the ability to switch to a new bit and dedicated hand piece is a bonus for me when working on some projects.

Latest posts

Sponsors