Belgium engravers

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
There are many engravers in Belgium. Not all are on this forum.
Some I know the names of:
Bram Ramon
Roland Baptiste
Alain Lovenberg

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Alain Lovenberg and Bran Ramon are members of this forum!
All of them are great engravers just to say the least.
It would be nice to see new posts from them.

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Roger... I was born in Belgium too! there s Rocky Capece ,Gert Matthijs, Pauli , Pascal Jacoby, Jean Marie Martens and some more around here. and it s very pity that Bram kind of disappeared a bit

sorry but I forgot to mention member Pierre, who s the engraving teacher at Liège Gun and engraving school..

Last edited:

Benny

Hello, thanks in advance for the info. I know Bram went to school with him in Liège. I stopped engraving for a while due to family reasons but I am looking forward to getting back to work.

My teachers in liege were Mrs. Doms and Mr. Gironi

I hope you can help me when I have a question. Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Belgium

Last edited:

Guido.

Thanks Roger... I was born in Belgium too! there s Rocky Capece ,Gert Matthijs, Pauli , Pascal Jacoby, Jean Marie Martens and some more around here. and it s very pity that Bram kind of disappeared a bit

sorry but I forgot to mention member Pierre, who s the engraving teacher at Liège Gun and engraving school..
Hi Frank P
I see that you are in Switzerland ,very beautiful country ,we were on holidays there recently ,Bern, Breinz ,Interlaken .
I am not sure if you have seen my post on heavily engraved snuff box?
Of the many suggestions to where it was made someone said that it maybe Swiss made, I would be interested in your thoughts,there are lots of images with the post.

Kind Regards Guido. IMG_6633.JPG IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6641.JPG IMG_6645.JPG

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Guido
would possible of pic of the whole box? ans with dimensions??
first thought of the non pierced areas , was Belgium school drawing,
I wonder whar Roger thinks about that...
will show to expert here

Guido.

Hi Frank P
Many thanks for your quick reply.
Size of box 80x55x 16cm ,3"1/8 x 2"3/8 x 6"/8 inches.
There are lots of images on my original post.
I have added more images here.

Many Thanks Guido .Australia. IMG_6483.JPG IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6637.JPG 2019-12-29 23.38.14.jpg 2019-12-29 23.38.33.jpg IMG_6683.JPG IMG_6685.JPG IMG_6684.JPG

Guido.

Thanks Guido
would possible of pic of the whole box? ans with dimensions??
first thought of the non pierced areas , was Belgium school drawing,
I wonder whar Roger thinks about that...
will show to expert here
Hello Frank P.

Many thanks for your reply.
I cannot see it anywhere on this forum ,it came through on my mobile phone.
It is somewhere in conversations (do not know where that is,here)
Thank you very much for asking your teacher friend,and his opinion that it is not Swiss engraving in his opinion.

Your comments about no wear on the inside,compared to the out side is interesting. my opinion about this is that the outside front and back may have been cast and not engraved like the inside, or if not cast the polishing over the years on the out side has created the different look and smoothed down the engraving.

And also as others have pointed out (if not cast) different engravers may have worked on the front and back.

I also agree with you that it may have been made in Germany.
Regards Guido.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The style of the engraving is European for sure. Not Asian. Like Frank mentioned, it looks like a standard Belgian style however Germans, Austrians, and French also use it frequently. Does not look Italian to me.

Guido.

The style of the engraving is European for sure. Not Asian. Like Frank mentioned, it looks like a standard Belgian style however Germans, Austrians, and French also use it frequently. Does not look Italian to me.
Hello Roger
Many thanks for your reply and comments.
It has been a passion of mine to discover the origin of this box for a while, It seems it must have been a one off(may be special order) .I had a look at your very informative site,it seems you have a lot of experience around engraving.
in your opinion what will be the answer as to tracking down where and when it was made?
I do not think people online realise how fine and intricate the engraving is ,we are talking about a box that is 3"inches long 2"1/4inches wide 9/16"of an inch deep. I am not sure if the detail comes across online.

Roughly what date would you say it was made?(realise a lot of guess work)

Kind Regards Guido.

Guido.

Hello Roger

If I may show you this box found online, said to be Made in Hungary.
may be some similarities to my box?
Engraving may be not so detailed.
Would be interested if similar you feel any similarities.

Regards Guido. 1614414692250.jpeg 1614414692250.jpeg

Latest posts

Sponsors