Best way/place to sell Hagn action?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know if there's any official proscription against selling an actual firearm and/or part thereof on the Cafe, but this seems not quite the right place in any event. Anyway, many years ago I acquired a Hagn falling block single-shot action with the intent of building a rifle* (I was going to do much of the metalwork myself), but have now completely lost interest in the project. For those unfamiliar with Hagns, they're the best actions for custom single-shots, made by Hartmann & Weiss in Germany and built like a Swiss watch and a German tank.

Besides the obvious listings on GunsInternational.com or GunBroker.com, does anybody have any suggestions for finding a buyer for something like this? Does the American Custom Gunmakers Guild (ACGG) have any sort of "classified" section?

*At one time, back in the 1980s-early 90s I had probably engraved more Hagns than anyone else in North America (seven?), by some of the premier riflemakers of that era, including Mark Silver, Ed Webber, Don Klein, and one by Martin Hagn himself. As such, I saw some very cool work and developed many of my own ideas about how I'd like certain lines & surfaces treated, metal-to-wood transitions, etc. The project got as far as a couple full-size plan drawings before it was relegated to longterm storage in my safe. Ironically, I never was all that hot about engraving the finished rifle and even considered having somebody else do that...

Thanks!