BM 9mm

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I am going for it. This slide has various areas of shallow pitting that is a pain, but is moving right along.

Last edited:

papart1

Here is the project hope all find it interesting

Attachments

• 20191009_103030.jpg
    20191009_103030.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 150

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
I bought one of these last year as a fun shooter, am also thinking about engraving it. does yours have the dot punched import number on it as well? and the 3/8 inch ground out circle from the Spanish police markings? I need to figure out how o eliminate them.

papart1

yup, the numbr on the right side I think front of the trigger guard is the year of birth. I just did smoke pulls today.There was what I thought was flash rust but turns out it's shallow pitting, took a little longer to rid it. Tracing and some designing soon.

papart1

the only number to be concerned about is what is on the P.P.

papart1

yes sir you do, you buy the chosen weapon from whom ever, have it sent to you ffl, the ffl does the paper work and you keep a copy............the other goes to your local county sheriff thereby registering it.

papart1

Roger.........do you down there Kentucky need one too? Unless of course you are the ffl!

T.G.III

Interesting, even as liberal as Oregon is, they do not require anything more than you pass a background check, all subject to change though.

papart1

the only way we for go a bc is having a cpl here. ffl takes a copy of cpl+drivers license and completes the transfer procedure.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
My sister was the firearms registrar when she worked for the Warren, Michigan PD. One guy came in to register a short barreled Uzi...he had to leave without it.

papart1

I don't think they allow anything with the Uzi name here..................I guess there are bone heads everywhere!!!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger.........do you down there Kentucky need one too? Unless of course you are the ffl!
No permit to buy a gun in KY. Just fill out the 4473 and pass the NICS check and off you go. If you have a CDWL you just show it and no NICS check. No permit to carry concealed or openly in KY unless, of course, one is otherwise prohibited (felon, under age, etc,).

The very idea of getting a permit to buy a gun (on top of the federal requirements) smells like just another way to tax people and hire more state bureaucrats..

papart1

Well Rog.....you certainly hit that nail,MI. is always after your money since they stopped the yearly trailer tag renewal, you buy once and thats it. The county I live in and the rest as far as gun reg's id one of the most corrupt in the state. Remmber this is where the water crisis was born and since there has been alot of people making money

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No permit to buy a gun in KY. Just fill out the 4473 and pass the NICS check and off you go. If you have a CDWL you just show it and no NICS check. No permit to carry concealed or openly in KY unless, of course, one is otherwise prohibited (felon, under age, etc,).

The very idea of getting a permit to buy a gun (on top of the federal requirements) smells like just another way to tax people and hire more state bureaucrats..

Same here in North Carolina, Roger.

papart1

Thing that really gets me is..........you can't buy out of your state at a gun shop

T.G.III

Not necessarily, Oregon will sell you a long gun (shotgun) as long as you can pass the NICS, handguns are resident only.

Last edited: