Browning A-5

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Al, After the engraving and the gun is blued I strip off the bluing with Lysol toilet bowl cleaner 10x power and after that scrub the part's with baking soda then run under hot water and dry,hope this is of help to my fellow engraver. J.J.

happy

Al, After the engraving and the gun is blued I strip off the bluing with Lysol toilet bowl cleaner 10x power and after that scrub the part's with baking soda then run under hot water and dry,hope this is of help to my fellow engraver. J.J.
Might be a dumb question but why blue it only to strip it back off. could you just use the toilet bowl cleaner and skip the bluing part?
Also does this wash away the fine line engraving ??
Thanks

JJ Roberts

We slow rust blue the part first witch etch's the surface of the parts and then strip with toilet bowl cleaner witch gives you the French Gray you saw the engraving I did on the Browning A-5 nothing on the engraving was washed away. J.J.

JJ Roberts

Dutchmills This engraving on Browning A5's started with a book on the A5's in there were beautiful pictures of Browning A5's covered with game scene's a fellow gun collector had two Browning A5's grade I's with no factory engraving that's all I need I purchased both guns one 12ga. & a 16ga. I really like what the Belgian engravings were doing and that's what made me want to engraving these guns. J.J.

Last edited:

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful JJ .......... I think you showed that to me when It was still under construction when I took a class from you a few years ago. I thought it was really great then.