Browning O/U side one

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Bill. I too enjoy seeing WIP photos on projects, and I am glad there are folks that can do them, but I avoid the WIP photo series. For me they are a nightmare, I found that it really breaks my flow. I had to do one for a knife show I did in Italy a couple years back, they wanted WIP pics and an essay on the process, I thought "okay sure, thats no problem". But as it turned out it was not that easy, I would get in the zone then forget to take any shots, or if I remembered it would take a 1/2 hr out of my work time and then try to get dialed back in on what I was doing. It did not make for a smooth work day, so I now avoid it. And after all that the show was a fail to boot, though I did get to meet and spend some time with the Fracassi's so that was cool.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bravo. Many wonderful design details and a terrific scene. Well done.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Bill. I too enjoy seeing WIP photos on projects, and I am glad there are folks that can do them, but I avoid the WIP photo series. For me they are a nightmare, I found that it really breaks my flow. I had to do one for a knife show I did in Italy a couple years back, they wanted WIP pics and an essay on the process, I thought "okay sure, thats no problem". But as it turned out it was not that easy, I would get in the zone then forget to take any shots, or if I remembered it would take a 1/2 hr out of my work time and then try to get dialed back in on what I was doing. It did not make for a smooth work day, so I now avoid it. And after all that the show was a fail to boot, though I did get to meet and spend some time with the Fracassi's so that was cool.

I know what you mean, being in "the zone" and not wanting to interfere with the process. I have a lot of respect for those that can manage disrupting their work to document the process for the rest of us to learn from. Can't manage that myself.

Latest posts

Sponsors