Buffalo Transfer Pad

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
We had some sort of contest on here a long time ago but I can't remember the topic. Anyway a bunch of us donated stuff for prizes and I donated that Buffalo Transfer Pad and if memory serves me I believe John Barroclough won that. Maybe you could talk him out of it and try it out; it was new and still had the wax paper over the gel pad.

Sorry John if I spelled your name wrong.

Yep, I won your Buffalo pad, Tim. And thank you again for that.
Came across it the other day while looking for something else that was hiding out from me.
Now don't remember where it was hiding. :confused:
You got real close to the name, Tim. Barraclough.
But heck.....I was 35 years old before I could spell it. :big grin:
See you in Reno.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John When You Get Around.......

John When You Get Around.......to using it let us know if you find it an effective way for transfering duplicate designs.

Joe Jacob

I was wondering if anyone has the instructions for using the Buffalo Pad. Either a scan or picture of the original would be a great help.
Thanks
Joe

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that GRS has their plastic molding machinery they could bring this back with a nice little modern twist. Instead of the old pads the soft, sticky, washable plastic used for the 'wall walker' toys would be great for the pads.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Buffalo Transfer Pad Instructions

Jacob,

Here are the instructions. I post them in this same thread earlier.

From Previous Post on this Thread
"Rub powered whiting into the cuts of the engraving to be copied, and wipe off the surplus. Press the engraving down on the transfer pad, remove it, and you will have the form of the engraving where the whiting was deposited. Daub a film of tallow on the piece that is to be engraved, and press it down on the transfer pad, over the whiting design. This will imprint the design on the piece. Several impressions can be made from each whiting transfer."