Bulino engraving techniques

ChrisWilson

I would like to get better at doing animals and such. Would like to purchase a DVD or online tutorial which covers Bulino in detail as much as possible. Who would you recommend for this? I know taking a class would probably be best but don't have the time right now to do that. Thanks.
Chris

ChrisWilson

Thanks JJ, I'm not bragging but I already can draw, most that know me consider me a pretty accomplished artist. Been drawing and painting all my life. Majored in Art in college, cause it was the easiest for me and I was going into the Army anyway so just needed a degree. Now I'm retired from the military and been the art teacher at our local school for the last 15yrs. I get to corrupt young minds and work on my projects at the same time!!! :D I've attached some examples of my stuff, colored pencil, watercolor and wood burning, a monochrome painting my sister in law requested, (since she's my doctor and don't charge me she gets what she wants) a little acrylic. I do lots of pencil and charcoal. Again, I won't be gracing any gallery's or anything but can do a pretty decent job of drawing, would just like to be able to transpose it onto metal the same way. Thanks again. I apoligize for the picture overload, but I don't have a class right now and I'm bored!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2251.JPG
    IMG_2251.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-1865.jpg
    IMG-1865.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3024.JPG
    IMG-3024.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-3283.JPG
    IMG-3283.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Mountainman woodburning.jpg
    Mountainman woodburning.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-4735.JPG
    IMG-4735.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Rachelles Buffalo.jpg
    Rachelles Buffalo.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Pheasant.jpg
    Pheasant.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Buffler.jpg
    Buffler.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ChrisWilson

Watch the YouTube videos made by Thierry duguest. They are fantastic references. I learned a ton from them!
Watching them now but he don’t give much instruction just basically showing how he stipples his pics. Looks awesome though. I ordered a DVD on Bulino last night that was recommended and price wasn’t bad so see how that one is. Since my computer is next to where I engrave it makes it easy to watch and pause while I’m trying to figure it out.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Chris, By the looks of your art work you'll do well as an engraver, thanks for sharing. J.J.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to get better at doing animals and such. Would like to purchase a DVD or online tutorial which covers Bulino in detail as much as possible. Who would you recommend for this? I know taking a class would probably be best but don't have the time right now to do that. Thanks.
Chris
Check out Chris DeCamiilis basic video. He covers the basic techniques for bullino engraving on birds and animals.
Chris DeCamillis Products - Precision Artistry LLC (engraver.com)

Jørn-Ove

ChrisWilson

Chris, By the looks of your art work you'll do well as an engraver, thanks for sharing. J.J.
Thanks JJ, I've been working at it for the past couple of years. I've gotten better but always room for improvement! I took Ray Covers beginner class a couple of summers ago and it helped allot, I need to take another class as its really hard to improve on your own just watching videos isn't the same as the one on one instruction!

Latest posts

Sponsors