Camera Question

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Do any of you guys have any knowledge about a Camera, it is an OLYMPUS #E-510. If you have used one, how do you like it, and would it be a good one for doing our engraving pictures. I am toying with the idea of getting one, and would like your thoughts on it.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
One thing to keep in mind when buying a camera is the lens choice you will have in the future. Probably the biggest choice of lens is from Canon and Nikon, they probably make the best lens money can buy.

Then again, Sigma makes a very decent macro lens - 105mm and 150mm - that you can use on Olympos too. I think Sam uses Sigma 150mm and is very happy about it. I use Canon 100/2.8 and am very happy too. (http://viljo.marrandi.ee/zippov2/zippo.html - this is straight from the camera. Canon EOS 5D and Canon 100/2.8 macro. Zoom in and you can see every little mistake I made there.)

So I think if you use it only for macro work it's OK. If you want to buy more and better glass later on I'd suggest Canon or Nikon cameras. Canon 85/1.2, 135/2.0, 200/2.0, 35/1.4 and other lenses are as good as it gets...

Latest posts

Sponsors