Canon Inkjet transfer

Darko

Hello everyone, i got an Canon MG2550 printer from a woman for my birthday. I've been looking for a way to use it for transversal for a long time ...unsuccessfully. I understand that laser printers are much simpler with the help of acetone. But if there is any hope that Inkjet can do the job I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks

vanLanen

Hi darko, I do inkjet transfer to metal With a canon printer. Very simple actually.
you need to get the transparency paper that are specific for inkjet printers.
and make sure you print on the rough side.
let the print dry a little bit, and be careful with it, it can rub off on your fingers etc.
next you need to coat your object you want the transfer on, with a thin coat of the damar varnish and lighter fluid mix( i eyeballed it to 25%damar and 75% lighter fluid)
wait till the coat is really sticky, not to wet and not to dry, and then you lay your print on the coated object and burnish it, you can carefully lift it up to see if it’s transferred, if not your coating maybe to dry, or to wet still.

hope this works for you.
cheers
thomas

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi darko, I do inkjet transfer to metal With a canon printer. Very simple actually.
let the print dry a little bit, and be careful with it, it can rub off on your fingers etc.
next you need to coat your object you want the transfer on, with a thin coat of the damar varnish and lighter fluid mix( i eyeballed it to 25%damar and 75% lighter fluid)
wait till the coat is really sticky, not to wet and not to dry, and then you lay your print on the coated object and burnish it, you can carefully lift it up to see if it’s transferred, if not your coating maybe to dry, or to wet still.

hope this works for you.
cheers
thomas
i've done this same technique for a long time. it worx for me !

Darko

hope this works for you.
cheers
thomas
Thanks alot. Can you tell me the purpose for "lighter fluid"? The translation into my language tells me that it is a gas for filling lighters. I bought "Photo Paper Plus Glossy 2" is he good for this?

Darko

I
Lighter fluid is the refill for Zippo lighters, not the Buthane gas! but the fluid.

Where are you from?

This is it I think: https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Lighter-Fluid/dp/B084D52D9V
Not 100% sure, because I use laserprinter and different method.
Thanks. I'm from Serbia (EU), and now I have just one more dilemma ... I can't find transparent printer paper in our offer. Is there any alternative? I see on YT to use freezer paper?? I have Glossy photo paper?

Last edited:

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
With laserprinter you can use baking paper. It is paper you can put in the oven when you bake cookies. It is anti stick. So the cookies dont stick to the paper. With laserpriner the ink also will get transfered easy from the paper.

Maybe this will work with inkjet?

707chrisa

I was going to say just get a cheep Hp laser printer but there not that cheep and the Cannon was a nice gift and they do print color well. Good luck .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors