Centering work on turntable with a Laser beam

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Certainly Steve, I would appreciate knowing about that. Centering is always an issue for me when engraving larger/longer pieces. I had a 14 section diamond bracelet cemented to a wood base under the scope yesterday and centering/recentering was a bother. Today it's a Winchester rifle action - and with the extended tang it's over 12" long... a constant centering challenge!

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Mike;

The instructions on how I built my laser are a couple of pages long and I have some photos as well that I will send you. I also indicate in the instructions that it may be easier to use the Lynton McKenzie style mechanical swing away pointer that he built and used to mount a laser upon instead using a ceiling mount.

I think I am going to built one on the McKenzie style and see how I like it.

I will not load this post down with all the instructions and photos, so therefore email me at: lowveldt@truvista.net and will send you it all via an email.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
For all of you who have contacted me via my email address or through a PM, if you did not receive the instructions and photos via a email from me then please re-contact me.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

Latest posts

Sponsors