Charge time for Jun-air compressor? (6 mins)

Headboy100

Not sure if this is the right forum to post on, but I have just got an elderly (1998) Jun-Air 12-50 compressor. (50 litre tank) It takes about 6 minutes to charge from empty to 8 bars. Can anyone tell me if this sounds about right, or is it likely that the compressors are worn out?

silvermon

Not sure if this is the right forum to post on, but I have just got an elderly (1998) Jun-Air 12-50 compressor. (50 litre tank) It takes about 6 minutes to charge from empty to 8 bars. Can anyone tell me if this sounds about right, or is it likely that the compressors are worn out?
That seems about right for almost any air compressor of any size, for an empty to full run time.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that unit may be elderly, but with proper care and using the correct oil may well outlast you. these units are real workhorses.

Headboy100

Excellent; thanks very much for both replies. I am on 50hz, and the time was about 5:50, so it sounds close enough.

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
At the „12-XX“ units, 12 stands for two compressor heads, the 3 non-return valves are critical. One of the three could fail, whithout you noticing it immidiately. Just the pumping capacity decreases. They are easy to take apart and clean, buy the replacement gaskets and O-rings before trying to service them.

I have a Jun-Air 12-25 from 2001 in operation since about 4 years, non-return valves failed twice already. Once a gasket in a compressor head broke, and lately the output tube in the other compressor head was blocked by what looked like carbonized oil and stuff. The guy I bought it from used it in a professional tyre service, thus clearly overheating the compressor heads by demanding too much volume per time from it. The discolored labels at the heads are a telltale sign. I hope it will survive many more years with the light duty in my workshop. When the first compressor head faild, I simply disconnected the cable from it and continued with the other until the spare parts arrived.

Cheers

Ralf

Latest posts

Sponsors