Chinese style

JasonSmith

Last night, I carved a Chinese character "tiao", which has an interesting history. "Tiao" is the name of Wu Zetian. The Empress Dowager changed the system of emperor .
In 690 ad, the 67 year old Empress Wu ascended the throne and became emperor. It can be seen that since Wu Zetian became emperor, she used the name "Tiao" modestly. Therefore, there is a record in the history book that "empress Zetian of Wu Zetian is taboo to this.".
IMG_20201127_021917_1.jpg IMG_20201128_194754.jpg

Last edited:

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That's a very nice piece of work. Would be better if you sanded off the surface of the metal to make the engraving easier to see. But its a nice piece of work and a good place to improve from. Hopefully you'll do a bit of work on having the surface of the cuts more uniform looking.

I have engraved quite a few chinese characters. I was lucky to have a friend who was born in China and came to Maryland to work as a jeweler. He helped clarify a lot of my mistakes and give me a firmer understanding of the construction of words. I'm assuming this is hand drawn and scribed in before cutting. How many times do you have to lay it out until it looked right?

Allan

JasonSmith

That's a very nice piece of work. Would be better if you sanded off the surface of the metal to make the engraving easier to see. But its a nice piece of work and a good place to improve from. Hopefully you'll do a bit of work on having the surface of the cuts more uniform looking.

I have engraved quite a few chinese characters. I was lucky to have a friend who was born in China and came to Maryland to work as a jeweler. He helped clarify a lot of my mistakes and give me a firmer understanding of the construction of words. I'm assuming this is hand drawn and scribed in before cutting. How many times do you have to lay it out until it looked right?

Allan
Thank you Allan. This is the first time I have carved Chinese characters. There are many shortcomings. Thank you for your correction. I will continue to improve my completion.

I'm glad you also carved Chinese characters, as if you met a confidant. Your friends are great, too. I don't write by hand, but by looking up ancient scripts, flipping images, using a laser printer, and then transferring them to the workpiece.

There are many fonts in Chinese characters. Each dynasty has its own unique style. I haven't made it clear now. I will continue to work hard.

Finally, I was very interested in the Chinese characters you carved,allan

monk

Staff member
[QUOTE =“ allan621,post:231654,member:379”]这是一件非常不错的工作。如果将金属表面打磨以使雕刻更容易看到,效果会更好。但这是一项不错的工作,也是一个值得改进的好地方。希望您会做一些工作,使切口的表面看起来更均匀。

我已经刻了很多汉字。我很幸运有一个朋友出生于中国,来到马里兰担任珠宝商。他帮助澄清了我的很多错误,并使我对单词的结构有了更深刻的理解。我假设这是手工绘制并在切割前刻上的。您必须布置几次,直到看起来正确为止?

艾伦[/ QUOTE]
谢谢艾伦。这是我第一次雕刻汉字。有很多缺点。感谢您的指正。我将继续提高自己的完成度。

很高兴您也雕刻了汉字,好像遇到了知己一样。您的朋友也很棒。我不是用手写的,而是通过查找古老的文字,翻转图像,使用激光打印机,然后将其传输到工件上的。

汉字有很多字体。每个朝代都有其独特的风格。我现在还不清楚。我会继续努力。

最后,我对您雕刻的汉字非常感兴趣,
uh, we are supposed to post in english. could you provide t he english version?

JasonSmith

uh, we are supposed to post in english. could you provide t he english version?
Thank you, monk. I published it in Chinese for the first time, and then I published it in English. I will not delete the Chinese, which will cause trouble to you.

I'm not sure what wax seal is, transfer method or surface treatment? I used balm to transfer, and then used a spray gun to color the copper

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you, monk. I published it in Chinese for the first time, and then I published it in English. I will not delete the Chinese, which will cause trouble to you.

I'm not sure what wax seal is, transfer method or surface treatment? I used balm to transfer, and then used a spray gun to color the copper

I think Monk meant Chop seal-
印章

JasonSmith

印章
Danm, thank you very much for your explanation. Respect!
In China, most seals are made of stone or jade, and the characters on them are ancient characters that are difficult for modern people to understand. Carving Chinese characters on metal was inspired by a friend of mine. I like this feeling very much, and it can be used as a seal

monk

Staff member
印章
who the heck knows what i meant ? half the time my brain is asleep, the other half, it;s on break . i'm not offended at all by the chinese characters. it's just that sam, the landlord, posted recently about using english. i tihnk it wise to avoid irritating him. he may well up te rent.

monk

Staff member
印章
i was under the impression that the chop was meant for marking documents. the wax seal was used to seal a folded document or envelope to deter opening by the wrong individual.

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
i was under the impression that the chop was meant for marking documents. the wax seal was used to seal a folded document or envelope to deter opening by the wrong individual.

I think it was a context problem or maybe Google translation,East versus West usage. A couple weeks ago on another forum an Italian woman showed her jewelry and called it "tunneling" work,it was pierced work with a jeweler's saw.

Sponsors