Clarinet Cap

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another idea. Line the cap with saran wrap before putting in the thermoloc. If it has any ridges you would have to remelt it, but it shouldn't stick unless it gets too hot to melt the saran wrap. Haven't tried it but that might work. Might be a good experiment for us all when we get time.
Ron S

Nice Job Tira, did you uae any transfer methods in sections, or did you do the whole design with one transfer? The reason i asked is because you can do the cylinder on a gun by making one transfer of a fluted area and then transfer it to the next area and/or you can get a continous design by transferring them side by side.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron, I did the layout in 2 sections, top and bottom. I did the design in adobe illustrator and it seemed to take forever to get the rings to gradually step down in size from the top to the bottom while maintaining the fact that they formed a ring totally around the outside. They also had to go through (around) the middle ridge.

I thought about putting the wal-mart shopping bag (similar to the saran wrap) in the cap for a liner, but the cap has a ridge in the middle which if filled would lock everything in anyway. It took the most time digging the thermo-lock down past the ridge to free the remaining section.

Latest posts

Sponsors