Announcement: class

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
It’s been a week or so since I paid Rex to abuse me and my fellow classmates at GRS basic firearms engraving class. Let me start off and thank the fine people at GRS and Rex for putting us through the paces. And no I didn’t cause Rex to start drinking; I must be losing my touch. As I have been at this for about two years, and thinking I just might know a thing or two. I was quickly humbled and was amazed at the abilities of some of my class mates during just the first few hours, most of who had never engraved before. It was so much different to watch the tricks of the trade and then learn them. This class was totally worth my time and money. So if you are new to engraving, take a class and then decide what to buy. This alone will save you a boat load of money and time just because of the great learning curve involved. If you get Aaron for a sales man you really need to check out his Gatling gun that he hand built. Way cool he had it in his sales office so don’t **** him off. I wish time could have let us shoot it. The local food was great and the people are nice to. Rex likes to play his tunes in class “his class his Musicâ€￾ I truly enjoyed the diversity of my classmates and there livelihood’s, meetings some family members just a cool class.
My best to all Greg Leak
Skill comes from diligence.
:thinking::happyvise:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg,
I was a pleasure. I really enjoy teaching and meeting all kinds of great people. Thanks for the kudos!
Rex

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I also took a short class from Rex last year in Pendleton, OR and like gcleaker that these classes and private instruction (Brian Marshall - one of the best) are if you can call it a short cut to understanding engraving. I also have found there is no short cut to experiencing the cut, and the ability to sketch/drawing/design that to be engraved. Thanks to Sam for the forum and its ability to let "US" know about these possibilities and giving us space to discussing the challenges we meet along the way.

pcoll

Hi there, can I find out some information about your courses?

I am looking for a gift idea for my husbands big birthday coming up and I think he would enjoy engraving as he is fairly crafty.

P

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sure,
Go to GRSTC.com
Many classes are full but there still are some available. Also contact one of the sales staff and they can put you on a waiting list for a class that is full. Once in a while there are cancellations.