Coin Carving " Lady Liberty "

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
This is a 1956 franklin half dollar i just finished recarving and want to invite the other coin carvers on the forum to recarve using the same subject..There is a demand among collectors for same subject, different carvers recarved coins, so after you recarve a franklin half using "Lady Liberty" as the subject you,ll probably have collectors wanting your carving...[ps] They are not showing well in photo but be sure to add beaded necklace to your coin carving..

Attachments

• MVC-048F.JPG
    MVC-048F.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,

Would you please stay out of my head and quit carving what I am thinking about carving? And please stop doing it so well? Add a couple of scratches or digs or something, so I can say something bad about it.

Joe Paonessa

N.B. this was written tongue in cheek for those who are wondering.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Steve
I would like to see a new generation of coin carvers start coin carving..While i don,t plan to ever quit carving coins, i do plan to slow down to just a very few per year when i get age 62, which is less than 2 years away..

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,

Would you please stay out of my head and quit carving what I am thinking about carving? And please stop doing it so well? Add a couple of scratches or digs or something, so I can say something bad about it.

Joe Paonessa

N.B. this was written tongue in cheek for those who are wondering.

Joe
It seems we coin carvers operate on the same lines and thoughts, many times during the years i,ve been carving i,ve come up with a super subject to carve and before i could get it carved, another coin carver had the same ideal and finished it first..Joe, please recarve a franklin half with "Lady Liberty " as the subject it,ll be eye candy to me and the other coin carvers..

threefingerdave

Elite Cafe Member
Bill
you are a true inspiration
i have been so busy this spring that i have not even been in the engraving room for 4 weeks
I hope to try my hand at your lady liberty in the near future if you don't mind
thanks for the posting .
It will be a shame when you quit carving coins.
I think we should all vote to see if we will allow you to not carve any more
My vote is that you need to keep engraving FOREVER
lol
Humbly
Dave

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Bill,
It looks great as usual.
I too hope you keep carving the coins.
And like Joe said show us a scratch or 2 so we can say weve seen better:) .....
Later,
Keith