Computer generated lettering

Biorka

I am trying to create a computer generated lettering job via my computer and Epson using transparencies. I do NOT have Photoshop or Corel. I have word, publisher, office etc. and the photo software that came w/ the Epson. I can get the size and font I need but cannot find a way to "mirror" the work prior to printing the transfer. The only way that I can find to perform the "flip" is to use "Word Art" with the "draw" command but the "Word Art" fonts are not acceptable when reduced. Anyone had a similar problem and found the answer?
Barry
Sitka, Alaska

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Barry: I've not used WordArt in a long time, but as I recall it can use any font installed on your computer. Is that not the case? / ~Sam

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Biorka,
Sitka is still on the map? Did some work at the mill years ago. Here's how I solved the problem. 1. Run a print in the printer. 2. Tape a piece of clear transfer medium over the text on the copy. 3. Put the prepared copy back in the paper infeed tray and run a print again. 4. Now you have a right reading copy on a clear transfer medium. 5. Let the ink dry on the tranfer medium.. 6. Remove the transfer medium copy from the paper. Flip it over and tape it to a fresh paper. Now you have your reverse copy. The copy then can be scanned into the computor or I use a lazer copy machine for transfer and it goes direct to the copy machine to make the transfer.
Roger Henrichs

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Barry.
My Epson is a CX5200. If you have anything like this you can open Epson Smart Panel.
Then you can load your file to " Scan for Creatitivty"
This program comes with many Epson models, hope your has it.
If you have this, scan your artwork to it. A new window opens.
Over on the right side of the window there is a tool that you click for a mirror image.
I used this before I had Photoshop and it was OK.
Hope this helps.
John B.

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Barry,
Any Windows computer will have Microsoft Paint. To open Paint just click "Start" then choose "Run" then type in "mspaint" without the quotes. When the program opens click on "View" and then click on "Text Toolbar" then you can choose the font you want, size etc.
Finally type in the text that you want to transfer and then click "Image" then choose "Flip / Rotate". You can flip the text horizontally and print it for your transfer. Best part is you already own the program to do it with!

Biorka

Yea, Sam what I meant to say was that the Word Art "format" is not acceptable when reduced. You can change the font but only within their format i.e. shadow effect etc.
Thanks for the tip Roger, that is pretty much how I do it now I was hoping to save a step. The mill is long gone, but we are still on the map maybe too much come tourist season. But I guess we need something to take the place of the mill.
John I have a CX5800F but with no "smart panel" or smart operator for that matter!
"TallGary" e -mailed that I try using the silhouette format in Word Art. This along with with reducing the line size to as minimum as possible seems to work best.
Thanks All!
Barry

hmw

Barry, I aint much computer savvy either, but I have the same printer. I have a computer icon I can click on with the rt. button on the mouse. This brings up a monitoring preference panel, that has a printer settings to click on that has all the settings you would need including mirror image, to print on a transfer. Hope this helps some....H.

Swede

Barry, try this: Get the text looking on screen how you want it with the sole exception being that it isn't mirrored yet. Press the prt scr (Print Screen) button. This load whatever you are looking at into the clipboard. "Paste" the screen snapshot (which is .BMP information; it's a picture, not a font anymore) into pretty much anything that'll do the mirror... even plain old paint will do it. From there, you can flip/mirror it, then print it. Try it on paper first to be sure it's what you want, then go for the transparency.

HTH

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
Printing to Epson CX5800F

Barry, When you print to the Epson, you should get a pop-up window that shows what printer is selected, clicking on the "properties" button to the right of the printer listing will open another window that allows you to change how the printer will handle your print job. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the upper left. You should see a check box that says "Mirror Image". Checking that box should do what you want -- then click OK at the bottom of the window. The picture below from the Epson manual shows the screen you need.

Click on the link below to go to the CX5800F manual -- select Print in Windows (6 down in the left column) and follow the directions for a more complete discussion of the print controls.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/cx58f_/cx58f_ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

If you can't bring up the printer properties window when you go to print, you may need to download the software from:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...V_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=58607&infoType=Overview

Best of Luck
Gary

Attachments

• asf_0434.jpg
    asf_0434.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 61

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
Barry,

If you shift the printer properties -- printing mirror image, changing print density, etc. you may need to shift back to return to "normal" printing.

Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors