Concept plate for Buck 325(wrong)

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Designed this for the Buck 325 I got for Christmas from my wife. Started the design from a picture I took of the knife after taking it apart to make a new spine out of brass for it. The later realised I had reassembled it wrong with the blind screw on the wrong side. This means I can't cut this design on the knife. Since I already started the practice plate, I figured it would be great practice anyways. Getting ready to start shading....

Marc 20220113_203210.jpg 20220113_211346.jpg

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
the knife should be a real winner.
Thanks monk, I really hope you are right.
I'm having a bad case of scroll-block at the moment, hahaha. I really liked how this design looked, but since it can't be used... I have 2 options. I can start over and design something completely new or use the existing design and simply cut off the last scroll and figure out what to do to fill up the space left by said cut. The far left scroll is the one that should be "erased".

I'll give it a week or 2 and go from there. Can't seem to be able to make up my mind yet, hahhaa

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Oniemarc............I think I see tat influence in your remarkable designs and applications?

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Oniemarc............I think I see tat influence in your remarkable designs and applications?
It could be, but not on purpose. I just try to make something that appeals to me, feels natural. Also trying to look at what others do, their designs, without trying to copy anything from their designs. Drawing scrolls, blackleaf and anything ornamental is still quite foreign to me, so maybe you are right and my background creeps into designing for engraving.