corel

Every time I try to change the width of an object that I placed into corel Draw, the height changes, I did not have this problem yesterday. seems that something has changed, I should have saved the page that I had my transfers on . thanks in advance. Jack D.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jack

Up the top of the toolbar next to the measurements box is a small "padlock" icon. Try clicking that to unlock it.

While it's in the locked mode it will change the size proportinally so if you alter the width it will also alter the height.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Andrew

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jack, I've had that problem too, but I'm not the greatest computer guroo. What I usually do is drag me a line from my ruler from the top and side and adjust accordingly. Dwayne

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if you use the pick tool to "select" your object you'll notice some small, black squares. top & bot center. ends on center, and the 4 corners. take a test dwg and click and drag all these handles to see what changes occur. clicking & dragging the 4 corners will change the entire dwg proportionately. clicking the end ones will change only the length. clicking the top or bottom center ones will affect only the height of your dwg. you should also experiment with the envelope tool. this can be very valuable for doing lettering layouts. it can produce some unique and useful distortions.