Countdown to the 2000th member

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's hard to believe that as of today we have 1,954 members, and it won't be long before #2000 joins our ranks. On an average day we get around 7,000 pages viewed, and on a busy day as many as 10,000 or more. Total pages viewed are over 4.5 million.

Our Cafe is a very busy place!

~Sam

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, you deserve all of the credit for making The Engraver's Cafe one of the best forums on the Internet.
Your vision for this venue has created a wonderful, fun and exciting atmosphere for those who love this art form.
Thank you so much!

Sam

Staff member
You're welcome, Brian, but as I've said before, the members make our Cafe what it is. I'm just the landlord and Abigail is the bouncer!

Etchasketch

Sam,
I just shed my lurking status to inquire about a microscope for sale. Many thanks for this site and more for your "10 common errors to avoid" article. I've been tying myself up in knots trying to engrave around the compass rather than just E to W and was starting to develop wrist problems. I put in four good hours today with no discomfort. Now I just need to get my vise to spin more fluidly.
I'll echo the other comments I've read - thanks so much for your time and effort in making a place like this possible and for your generosity in offering all of the great articles and pointers.
Cheers!
Etch

Sam

Staff member
Hi Etch, and we're happy to have you posting! Nothing wrong with lurking, but post away and ask all the questions you like. We're here to help.

Best / ~Sam

Sam

Staff member
I'm glad you guys are having as much fun here as Abigail and I are!
~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i feel safe knowing abigail's keepin an eye on the landlord; he seems a bit shady, but not on top !

Latest posts

Sponsors