crude early beginnings

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
had some alum. sheets laying around, wanted to see if i could follow some lines. ive come a ways since then, understand scross and also shading tech. by viewing a.biggs work. hang onto your beginnings,you can judge how far you have come. it may have been enough during our forefathers time when they sported muzzleloaders.

Attachments

• phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_0224.jpg
    100_0224.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_0225.jpg
    100_0225.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_0226.jpg
    100_0226.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 179

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a very early one by me. the lady still wears this. and at least to me, claims it to be her favorite piece. this was strictly push using a reworked, small needle file. not sure if my designing was worse or the engraving.

Attachments

• MONKMONO.JPG
    MONKMONO.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 162

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
My favorites.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Emerson

And

An amateur may not be an artist,
though an artist should be an amateur.
Disraeli

Now looking back wasn't it fun taking those first steps.

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
thanks all. when i won custody of 3 kids,age 6, 8, 9, i couldnt cook. my hamburgs were done on the outside and raw in the middle. it was something i never had to do before. my sister finally sent me a cookbook, that changed everything. cooking , like engraving, is something you must practice everyday, even if its something small. only by constant practice ,repetition, will you learn any craft. it took me 12 years to raise the kids, never knew they were putting the spanish-rice down in the couch and in my waders !!!!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks all. when i won custody of 3 kids,age 6, 8, 9, i couldnt cook. my hamburgs were done on the outside and raw in the middle. it was something i never had to do before. my sister finally sent me a cookbook, that changed everything. cooking , like engraving, is something you must practice everyday, even if its something small. only by constant practice ,repetition, will you learn any craft. it took me 12 years to raise the kids, never knew they were putting the spanish-rice down in the couch and in my waders !!!!!
i've dug so much food from under the couch over the last 34 years. now the 2-year-old grandson has discovered the technique. he's a slow learner; he will do it while you're watchin him ! blaming his older brother.