Custom 1847 Colt Walker.........

JamesO

......do u think it needs some engraving? Though it is still unfinished I thought I would pull it out for show-n-tell.
Model 1847 Colt Walker Hobo Nickel, genuine pre-ban elephant ivory grip, 24 kt. gold trigger, C in Colt, and grip pins (pins thru the reverse of the coin). Replicas of Samuel Colt and Samuel Walkers signatures, as well as the Colt logo.
I currently have 6 other Historical Firearms rough cut and ready for sculpturing and embellishing. And would like to do all 14 on my list- might take YEARS! ;)

All comments and critiques welcome

Thanks------> Jim Olivencia

Attachments

• 1847.1.jpg
    1847.1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 1847jpg.jpg
    1847jpg.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 133

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

That is the most unique concept I have seen for a hobo and very well done. I will go against the grain on this one and say don't engrave the gun. Walkers were made in very small quantities mostly for Walker's Dragoons. I don't believe any were originally engraved. Now, When you get to the 3rd model Dragoon you can engrave it with "donut scroll." http://www.engravingglossary.com/Hand Engraving Glossary D.htm

Roger

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Love it!!! Not only very creative and unique, but suberbly executed! We want to see more. I could see an entire collection of Colts Coins in a fine presentation box.

Mark

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very, very nicely done! I would agree with Roger: leave it as is, no engraving on this one. If you have that many on your to-do list, you'll get to one that was historically embellished & you can engrave that one.

My thoughts,

Weldon

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
pretty dog-gone nice! A series of Colts on nickles would be just awesome, and command a pretty penny should you offer them for sale!
Thanks for showing. :yes
gailm

JamesO

Thanks for the kind words, ladies and gentlemen!.....It would probably take the visual away from it if it did have some scroll work.

Weldon, thats a good point u brought up. Thanks

Even though I have to suspect that out of the 21,000 made, none came with ivory grips or gold triggers.

The Colt 1911 might be completed by weeks end. Im on the 3rd grip now. 2 Unsuccessful attempts to carve the COLT in the ivory grips. :mad::mad: Man is it tiny!!

Thanks Again

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yep, you are right about the grips & trigger! You could say it is a 3rd generation reissue commemorative special edition (one of a very SMALL run....pardon the pun), then whip out your artistic license and do as you will! I bet it would look pretty cool all done up!! I can't believe the detail you got in such a teencie little spot.....incredible.

WL

Latest posts

Sponsors