cutting a mirror image?

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
As i am sitting here working on some jewelry im thinking of upcoming engraving project. I ask would it be easier to draw and cut the whole project or draw half cut take a pull then cut the other half? In the end probably would save some drawing time to take a pull. Might be a dumb question but i thought i would ask? D.Douglas

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good question! Yes, the mirror image will work and save time, except on domed or concave surfaces, as much as you can get a reasonable reproduction if the convex or concave is not to pronounced. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people if they don't ask questions.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when you are earnin money, every minute saved is a buck in the pocket. when quality is not compromised, no reason not to shave time off any project.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
D, I cut half and take a pull. I then redraw the second part as if it were stand-alone. I used to try to cut from the transfer but found I always ended up with a bit more background. By redrawing, I seem to get the same quality of design to cut. Of course, the other "side" of the area you are working on will likely be just a tad different than the first half so redrawing allows correction for fit. I do all this more for accuracy than speed. It works for me. Sam

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the info guys. Saving time and doing the best possible work i can within a given amount of time seem to clash at this point and time. Ill find a happy medium somewhere along the way. Doug

Sponsors