Die engraving

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
that is certianly a talism worthy of wearing around your neck to provide you inspiration and confidence! Maybe you should make copies and sell them to the reest of us!

katia

Wow!
I thought this was going to be a really sad story about people who die whilst engraving,which is probably going to happen to me one day,given that I recently accidently slashed my wrist with the pointy bit of a trigger guard!
True,scary story!

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Scott. I have a few dies, but unfortunately, I have not access for a strong hydraulick press. For stamping a good quality copy with a fines details needs a pressure around 200 -250 metric tons.

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Wow!
I thought this was going to be a really sad story about people who die whilst engraving,which is probably going to happen to me one day,given that I recently accidently slashed my wrist with the pointy bit of a trigger guard!
True,scary story!

Katia, I'm sorry about your wrist. Your name have a Russian spelling, are you Russian?

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitriy, if you worked in that area in USSR then maybe these attached images are familiar to you, or maybe you even created something like these in your daily work?

My wife just presented me a book about one Estonian running legend Hubert Pärnakivi (spelling challenge for english speakers?). He was active in 1953-1963 and his most famous run was 10k in 1959 in Philadelphia where USSR and USA held their 2nd 'friendship' competition. A Russian won it, Hubert was second, one US runner was third and fourth had collapsed 4 laps earlier. It was 39C temp and very humid. It is said that Hubert ran last 2 laps being unconscious and he also collapsed at the finish.

Text on these medallions (probably wrong word) is 'USSR Master Sportsman', 'USSR Honored Master Sportsman' and 'Ready for Work and protection of USSR'.

OK, enough of history :)

Attachments

• medal1.jpg
    medal1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 24
  • medal2.jpg
    medal2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 24
  • medal3.jpg
    medal3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 25

Dmitriy Pavlov

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitriy, if you worked in that area in USSR then maybe these attached images are familiar to you, or maybe you even created something like these in your daily work?

My wife just presented me a book about one Estonian running legend Hubert Pärnakivi (spelling challenge for english speakers?). He was active in 1953-1963 and his most famous run was 10k in 1959 in Philadelphia where USSR and USA held their 2nd 'friendship' competition. A Russian won it, Hubert was second, one US runner was third and fourth had collapsed 4 laps earlier. It was 39C temp and very humid. It is said that Hubert ran last 2 laps being unconscious and he also collapsed at the finish.

Text on these medallions (probably wrong word) is 'USSR Master Sportsman', 'USSR Honored Master Sportsman' and 'Ready for Work and protection of USSR'.

OK, enough of history :)

Hi, Viljo. I'm not to old, in the 1963 I was 5 years old.
I made parodies on the pin " master of sport" like this. I'm sorry for low quality of the picture, it is so old.

Attachments

• hiker.jpg
    hiker.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 67

katia

Katia, I'm sorry about your wrist. Your name have a Russian spelling, are you Russian?

Hello Dmitriy!
Well,my surname is slavic as well.My father was born in Serbia, which explains it all I suppose!
I did a bit of Russian a long time ago . I can remember how to say: Gdie Lift?. Won't get me far,but it's better than nothing!