Disassemble vise?

roentgen

Hi,
is there any possibility of disassembling a ball vise?
Can’t find any cotter pin but would like to use only the upper half. Help would be great :)
Cheers
Roentgen

57AB7D7D-B605-4066-9069-263E5F311223.jpeg

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
there should be a set screw in the side of the lower half that provides friction to adjust how easy/hard the top turns. if you back it out far enough, or remove it entirely, the upper section should lift straight off.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Just trying to help.
Not trying to be a critic but I notice some pry marks on the side of your vise.
Be sure to polish or burnish down any metal that is raised on these edges or your ball vise won't rotate smoothly. Best of luck with what you are trying to do.

roentgen

Thanks, know what you mean and will polish these areas:thumbsup:. But this vise won’t rotate anymore. I will fix it at a 6“ ø x 0.8“ stainless steel plate (nice weight o_O) Should be placed with a non-slip coating on my turntable of same dimension (all together very nice weight o_Oo_O)
The idea was to transform that relatively light ball vise into very flat and very stable positioning vise without need of loosening and tightening any handle.
Hope items will always stay horizontal without drifting while cutting :fastgraver::handpiece:

Latest posts

Sponsors