Does anyone know where to buy these tools?

Travis Fry

Just by way of helping you out, you're going to have to be a lot more specific if you want any kind of sensical reply. There are a lot of tools in that picture. We could likely tell you where to buy any or all of them, but it would be helpful for us (and you) if you could tell us which of those you're after, and, more importantly, what you want to accomplish with them. If you specifically mean the tiny chisels in the middle, my guess is they were custom made.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
I am assuming you are asking about the metal tools left of the hammer?

those are presumably made by the engraver. Get the right steel for a graver and grind the thinner part yourself. And in the shape, square 90deg etc, you want.

JDRedneck

Yes i was refering to the gravers.. thnx for your reply.. i will have to see if i can get a better look at them to see how they are held together..

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
The metal square graver handles look like Ngraver Company handles.
Except that Ngraver handles are usually blued.
Maybe just un-blued copies or another brand.

JDRedneck

hand-chisel-gravers2.png some look like they are one piece ground to shape but others look like a graver in a holder...

monk

Staff member
never forget the universal supplier of all things good, ebay has a treasure trove of goodies we all use.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
View attachment 50716 some look like they are one piece ground to shape but others look like a graver in a holder...
It almost looks like the graver part is soldered in to the bigger metal handle. A set screw wont hold it in place unless there is also a hole where the graver slips in to. No hole would mean the graver would slip out when putting pressure on the handle.

Cant you ask the person who took the picture? Maybe they can tell you.

JDRedneck

It almost looks like the graver part is soldered in to the bigger metal handle. A set screw wont hold it in place unless there is also a hole where the graver slips in to. No hole would mean the graver would slip out when putting pressure on the handle.

Cant you ask the person who took the picture? Maybe they can tell you.
the site that i found these on is in an oriental language, i presume japanese which i cannot read... and there is no english version.. there use to be a translator on some browsers but i can't find it anymore..

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Sinterklaas, For more than 70 years I have used square metal handles with the gravers inserted into the hole and held in place by a set screw . And never had a problem.
Most of the engravers who work for FN/ Browning in Belgium have used the same type of square steel handle with a set screw with no problem, for thousands of complete firearms engravings.
Their handles are made by A.B. Dick (spelling), in Germany.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I spoke to a Japanese engraver who uses these chisels.. he says they are commercial. Presumably from Japan.. I didn’t ask him where to buy, nice as they are, prolly worth your time to make em

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Sinterklaas, For more than 70 years I have used square metal handles with the gravers inserted into the hole and held in place by a set screw . And never had a problem.
Most of the engravers who work for FN/ Browning in Belgium have used the same type of square steel handle with a set screw with no problem, for thousands of complete firearms engravings.
Their handles are made by A.B. Dick (spelling), in Germany.
Thanks John!
I would've guessed they would pop out during working. Guess I was wrong. In that case one can easily make some handles themself.

Latest posts

Sponsors