Ed Webber, R.I.P.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One of the finest singleshot riflemakers, Ed Webber of Big Timber, MT, passed away over the weekend. He was also one of the finest people it has ever been my privilege to know and call a friend. I will miss him more than words can express.

Going back to the ‘80s, some of you might recall his exquisite 1877 Sharps rifles, a couple of which were engraved by his good friend Lynton McKenzie, who also collaborated on a number of other beautiful projects with Ed.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
One of the finest singleshot riflemakers, Ed Webber of Big Timber, MT, passed away over the weekend. He was also one of the finest people it has ever been my privilege to know and call a friend. I will miss him more than words can express.

Going back to the ‘80s, some of you might recall his exquisite 1877 Sharps rifles, a couple of which were engraved by his good friend Lynton McKenzie, who also collaborated on a number of other beautiful projects with Ed.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend, Mitch.
Montana lost some some legendary rifle smiths with the passing of Ed Webber and Jerry Fisher.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Yes, I knew and collaborated on a couple projects with Ed. I had heard he was not doing well for the last few years. It is a loss of one of the finest American Gunmakers and person.

Latest posts

Sponsors