Critique Request Elephant bulino

Mike576

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished up this project, let me know what you all think. Put about 30 hours total into it over the course of a few weeks. Most of that time was at work while on lunch 1/2 hour at a time. Made from grade 2 titanium. The whole piece other than the background was done with a Lindsay angle graver with a Phil Coggan bulino point sharpened with a much steeper face. For magnification I used a 6x Zeiss loupe for all but the background where I used my scope. For the background I did a dense pattern of dots with the bulino tool then stippled with the Lindsay classic to make it even darker. Speedball block printing ink to fill the cuts.
Looking for feedback to improve my skills. I appreciate everyone who spoke up last time for my bald eagle post. I tired to take that feedback and apply it here. The second photo was my reference photo.
Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_6997.jpeg
    IMG_6997.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6959.jpeg
    IMG_6959.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

IOAN

You are the author, you don't have to thank. You eclipsed the picture with the elephant skin. To be critical, the eyes are only a little bigger (pupil). You have progressed enormously in a few months, now you had to start working on the clock. I thank you for sharing!

IOAN

You are the author, you don't have to thank. You eclipsed the picture with the elephant skin. To be critical, the eyes are only a little bigger (pupil). You have progressed enormously in a few months, now you had to start working on the clock. I thank you for sharing!
The eyes only had to be made a little bigger.

Mike576

Elite Cafe Member
The eyes only had to be made a little bigger.
Thanks for the feedback! That’s one big issue for me is the proportion of different features. Guess I was a bit off with the eyes. I see what you mean though. I’m going to leave it for now. Reason being I like to take feedback and apply it to the next piece. Down the road when I have the skills to charge good money for engraving I want to make sure I have the talent to not need my work to be “double checked”. Having those small eyes as a reminder to do better will help me.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Sponsors