english bully

chris

hi every one
love the coin carveing here its unbelevable
dont have nickles in australia so i tryed a aussie 20 cent piecehope you like a carveing of my dog jack a english bullterrier i used a ball pien hammer and wooden block to dome cleaned it solded a chicago screw on the back cleaned carved and put it on my hat band as a concho
thanks for looking
chris

Attachments

• 100_1059.jpg
    100_1059.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 198

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Looks real good Chris.

There are a few people here that have turned quite a few nickels into buttons and they look real pretty on a good jacket or in a series around a hat band

I wouldn't worry too much about their not being any nickels to carve. While the traditional art form is built aroundbuffalo nickelshere in the US you may well just start a new collection item for locals using native coins. There are lots ofthings you can pull off that look really nice. With a little torch work you can build a heck of a belt buckel out of coins. I could see a heck of a tourist item if you cut local wildlife on the coins. You have some real interesting critters there and the facination with Australia in the US is over the top.

Keep up the good work.

rodstan

20 cent pieces come built in with a platypus on one side and Queen Lizzie on the other. The Queen may make for a better hobo style.
5 cents have an echidna and the 10 cents a lyre bird.The one dollars have the kangaroo.All the wildlife you need.
Personally I tried a few 20 cents and put glasses and a moustache on the Queen--a slightly republican stand!
Good metal for engraving and they go back into circulation when your finished.

txtwang

Elite Cafe Member
nor your platypus.....sorry but it just seemed to fit.

Jerry

chris

hi
thanks for your imput guys i recon the belt idea would be pretty showy
the bottle of jack old no 7 is a good drop if not the coin
thanks
chris

Latest posts

Sponsors